[U-Boot-Users] Uncompressing uImage: inflate() returned -3

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 23 20:10:12 CEST 2004

In message <877aabc404082310482a315b4d at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > Did you actually use 4 MB (400000) or did you use some other  address
> > by  accident? What is your exact boot comand, and which output do you
> > get?
>
> Oh.. right! I used 0x4.0000 instead of 0x40.0000. Damn.

[Tip: type the '0's in three pairs of two; this is easy  to  remember
and easy to type - i. e. "4...00...00...00".]

> Okay, so CRC, gunzip are now working. Thanks Michael and WD.

Fine.

> But the post-Linux problem still remains: my BDI has gone for a
> replacement, so I have to use some early putchars with the UART that
> was initialized by u-boot. I place two putchars in early_init in
> arch/ppc/kernel/setup.c, but I just see one. So does that mean my
> stack's getting corrupted?

Probably your second putchar is after the MMU has been turned on  and
it  the  cause  for the crash. Remove this code, and use post-morthem
dumps of the logbuf buffer. See the FAQ section in the DULG.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.