[U-Boot-Users] can i load u-boot into RAM and jump to it as a test?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Aug 28 09:50:16 CEST 2004

In message <20040828040400.96687.qmail at web13822.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I've done this (ran u-boot from ram) on many different boards
> and it's not that diifcult if you know what you're doing.:-)

This may be true, but it is WRONG for the original poster's question:
he asked if you can run an image from RAM  before  birnung  the  SAME
image to the final position in flash.

As you mentioned, many changes are necessary,  and  the  final  flash
image  will  bue completely untested in all these areas then. And one
of these untested areas is the most  critical  in  all  systems:  the
setup of the memory controller and SDRAM initialization.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
I have been over into the future, and it works.
                - Lincoln Steffens in _Letters_ (1938) vol. 1, p. 463