[U-Boot-Users] New to U-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Aug 28 19:42:48 CEST 2004

In message <20040828152338.94520.qmail at web13811.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:
> Look in start.S::relocate_code...

Please: don't top post; quote properly and only the relevant parts.

> > I am new to u-boot and i am getting through README file to
> > understan it properly. I would like to know at which location
> > in RAM , u-boot gets copied and stats executing.

relocate_code() performs only the relocation, it does not compute the
relocation address. This happens in lib_<architecture>/board.c

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The price one pays for pursuing any profession,  or  calling,  is  an
intimate knowledge of its ugly side.                  - James Baldwin