[U-Boot-Users] S29GL064M90TAIR32 (Spansion Flash Driver for Ep8248 based board)

Vikrant_Basotra Vikrant_Basotra at Satyam.com
Wed Dec 8 07:47:42 CET 2004

Hi All,

I am using is S29GL064M90TAIR32 flash memory and my board is ep8248 based
(customized), where as in file board/ep8248/flash.c (In U-boot Source)
support for Am29LV320MT/B flash is provided.

Since both the flash memories are 0.23 u Mirror Bit and CFI Compliant,

Can I use the board/ep8248/flash.c file for S29GL064M90TAIR32 flash with
minor changes like flash size, Total Number of Sectors, Start address of all
the sectors of the Flash Memory , Manufacturer Id, device Id, Base address
of the Flash Memory.

Do I need to change the "command sequence" i.e the statements prefixed with
V_ULONG

e.g
/* Write auto select command sequence and test FLASH answer */
  V_ULONG(baseaddr + ((ulong)0x0555 << 2)) = 0x00AA00AA;
  V_ULONG(baseaddr + ((ulong)0x02AA << 2)) = 0x00550055;
  V_ULONG(baseaddr + ((ulong)0x0555 << 2)) = 0x00900090;

  manf = V_ULONG(baseaddr); /* manufacturer ID */

Since both the Flash memories belong to the same family (i.e Mirror Bit
Family), I think that command sequence has to be same, but I am not sure
about. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Vikrant Basotra
is appreciated.