[U-Boot-Users] Problem with Strata 28F256K3 Erasing on PXA

Craig A. Vanderborgh craigv at voxware.com
Thu Dec 16 02:55:54 CET 2004

Hello again, everyone:

I am having trouble with the u-boot flash code on my target system.  I
am using the new 28F256K3 Intel chips on this target, instead of the
28F128J3A chips (which were on my development system).

U-Boot works with the 128J3A's but not with the 256K3's.  I have tweaked
the flash code so that it's correctly detecting the chips.  And the
u-boot runs out of these 256K3's when I program it into flash using
JTAG.  What does not work with the 256K3's is ERASING flash.  And damned
if I can figure out why.  The u-boot code that is supposed to erase the
flash just FLIES through in no time at all, without reporting any
errors.  But then when I try to write the flash-writing-code says "Error
- flash not erased".

What do you think might be going on?  How might I proceed to debug
this?  Does anyone out there have some test code that can erase the
Intel Strata 28F256K3's?

Please advise - I am very lost and frustrated at the moment...

Thanks in advance,
craig vanderborgh
voxware incorporated