[U-Boot-Users] Uboot Netconsole support

Srivatsan srivatsan at deccanetworld.com
Wed Dec 22 10:24:06 CET 2004

Hi all,

Thanks for the active support everyone has provided me with.

We are trying to use Uboot on MPC8280. In our case Serial port,
eventhough it is available, can't be used for CLI / as a console port
for dumping uboot's log messages.

The next alternative is Ethernet. I had downloaded uboot ver 1.1.1 but I
am not able to find Readme.Netconsole in the doc directory. Does uboot
1.1.1 provide support for Netconsole? Are there any patches available
for uboot to run Netconsole?

Also we have a requirement to put log messages on Ethernet (on uboot
also). These messages must be put very early, even before the IP comes
up. Is our requirement possible by using the current uboot as is or do
we have to modify the uboot code for the changes?

A trivial issue,
1) I went thro uboot.sourceforge.net, there was uboot ver1.0 only
present(activity percentile was 51.2%)
2) I went to the sourceforge site thro denx.de site and got uboot, the
version shown is uboot1.1.1.(activity percentile 98.3%)

Why is this difference? What is the latest version of uboot released and
where can I get it?

Thanks for all your understanding,
C.R.Srivatsan

information and/or be subject to legal privilege of Deccanet Designs Ltd.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
you are strictly prohibited from retaining, using, copying, altering or
disclosing the contents of this message.