[U-Boot-Users] u-boot.h/bd_t missing fields needed by Linux IBM IIC I2C Interface Driver

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 3 23:33:17 CET 2004

In message <13382.24.206.119.24.1075829319.squirrel at www.orkun.us> you wrote:

> > Also, I don't know where you got the "linuxppc-2.4" cvs tree from?
>
> I got linuxppc-2.4 from ppclinux bitkeeper trees (actually via rsync from
> montavista which gets the top of the tree) because it had support for
> csb272 board.

I see.

> > No, the  fields  are  useful  and  needed.  We  added  these  to  our
> > "linuxppc_2_4_devel" tree some time ago:
>
> linuxppc_2_4_devel did not have csb272 support. According to Dan Kegel who
> did the porting linuxppc_2_4_devel tree is dead and and not maintained and
> changes should go to linuxppc-2.4 instead. Also the above URL indicates
> linux_2_4_devel is old.

Well, feel free to ignore it, then. All I was trying to do is showing
you where you can find a  (tested  and  working)  solution  for  your
problem. Feel free to use the "new" and "living" linuxppc-2.4 source tree
which does not contain the fixes you need.

> Where can I get these changes? Is this your copy of linuxppc_2_4_devel or
> (so-called) official tree?

As I wrote before: this is in the "linuxppc_2_4_devel" module on  our
CVS server.

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.