[U-Boot-Users] Compile Error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Feb 24 17:11:30 CET 2004

Dear Jim,

in message <75490FAA49820647AB2BAFEFE08BFABC0CD98D at dalnt225.dal.flextronics.com> you wrote:

> I downloaded and installed the ELDK.  My board is Motorola FADS860T.  I did:
> {standard input}:19: Error: Relocation cannot be done when using
> -mrelocatable

Seems you are using the new (3.0) ELDK which is based on GCC-3.x with
an old version of U-boot.

> Do I miss something in the build process?

Your U-Boot sources are too old for this compiler. GCC-3.x requires a
few adaptions which were added in later versions of U-Boot.  See  for
example the source tree (1.0.2) which is included with the ELDK.

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C3FAEC.4DA52400

> <HTML><HEAD>

And PLEASE do NOT post HTML!!

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                                                      -- Isaac Asimov