[U-Boot-Users] What areas of SDRAM are used by u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 25 23:10:13 CET 2004

In message <F509E6111989D311B63700805FA761DA09F28F84 at DBDE01> you wrote:

> U-Boot 1.0.0 (Feb 19 2004 - 11:23:36)
>
> U-Boot code: 11000000 -> 11015790  BSS: -> 11019494

This seems no really useful to me. Normally, U-Boot will be place  at
the  END  of  the  available  RAM,  while you seem tp place it in the
middle?

> This is what gets printed when I boot my board.  Also you can find it out by
> looking at the TEXT_ADDR defined in
> boards/xxxxx/config.mk file.

I guess you mean TEXT_BASE -  but  this  is  habdled  differently  on
different architectures.

On PowerPC this just defines where U-Boot gets installed in flash. On
ARM (which is still broken in this  respect)  it  means  the  address
where it gets copied to in RAM. I hope this gets fixed one day.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.