[U-Boot-Users] No output on serial console for mpc8280

sudhakar rajashekhara rsudhakar_blr at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 10 15:56:23 CET 2004

Hi

I am porting U-boot to MPC8280 by taking U-boot port
on mpc8260ads as reeference. My clock configuration is
correct. Bus Frequency is 100 Mhz, CPM Frequency is
300 Mhz, Core Frequency is 450 Mhz. BRG Frequency is
150 Mhz. Baud rate has been set to 9600bps. I have
confirmed these values by checking the documentation
of mpc8280. While debugging, I ensured that
serial_init function is running correctly, But I am
not able to see any output on the serial console. Am I
missing any register settings?

I also want to know the significance of board_pre_init
function (and this statement "bcsr[1] = ~FETHIEN1 &
~RS232EN_1;") in mpc8260ads.c and the significance of
CFG_BCSR value. Right now I have kept the value of
CFG_BCSR at 0xF4500000.

thanks in advance,
regards,
Sudhakar.