[U-Boot-Users] Board hangs during relocate_code..

sudhakar rajashekhara rsudhakar_blr at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 15:41:55 CET 2004

Hi All,

During porting of U-boot on mpc8280 (U-boot port of
MPC8260ads as base) I am facing following problems. I
was able to burn the u-boot onto the flash. The first
part of intialization was fine ie board_init_f ()
including the SDRAM (256 MB) initialization. The board
gets hung during the second part of initialization.
But the same piece of code works fine when I run from
RAM using the JTAG. Is there any specific way to solve
this problem?
I have configured the FLASH_BASE as 0xFE000000; Flash
Chip is 2MB On Board Flash; TEXT_BASE is FFF00000;
IMMR is F0000000. Do I miss any specific things in my
configuration?

One more thing is, the board I am using has two
flashes.

The 2MB On Board Flash: "AMD 29F160xB (2048 x 8) 1
Device" AND
The 64MB SIMM Flash: "INTEL 28F128Jx (16384 x 8) 4
Devices"

I checked almost all the flash driver modules that is
there with U-boot version of 1.0.0, but I was not able
to get the driver for these flashes. Where can I get
the same?

regards,
Sudhakar.