[U-Boot-Users] HID0 Register problem

sudhakar rajashekhara rsudhakar_blr at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 16:39:33 CET 2004

Hi All,

During porting of U-boot on mpc8280 (U-boot port of
MPC8260ads as base) I am facing following problems. I
was able to burn the u-boot onto the flash. The first
part of intialization was fine ie board_init_f ()
including the SDRAM (256 MB) initialization.

The second part of initialization goes fine and we
were able to get the U-boot prompt, provided we
comment the portion which initializes the Hardware
Implementation-dependent Registers (HID0). But when we
enable this portion of code, U-boot hangs once it
relocates itself to the RAM. In this condition, though
U-boot configures HID0 register, still the value is
ZERO.

IS this because of improper SDRAM initialization? How
do I verify  the burst mode operation of SDRAM? Is
there any debug routine similar to mtest available for
the same?

I also want to know whether anyone has flash driver
for AMD29F160B CFI compliant flash?

regards,
Sudhakar.