[U-Boot-Users] Mirrorbit flashes

Marco Schramel Schramel.Linux at go.bartec.de
Fri Jan 23 13:02:12 CET 2004

Hi,

in  flash.h of the U-Boot code there are defined id's for the mirrorbit type AM29LV128M. I 've planed to introduce this flashes for working with my MPC8270.
On these flashes u-boot gets its sectors and the kernel should uncompressed from it.
Is this flash the right choice for my cpu (speed)? Is it a big drawback of these flashes that they can't do simultanous writes and reads?
Are there any special things to do with u-boot for this flashes ?
Another question on flash.c:
If i have a soldered flash onboard, my flash configuration will be always the same. Therefore i have no reason to search for other flashes.
Have I only  to fill up the "flash_info_t"-struct and tune up the erase,write.. -functions? Or there are a lot of more things to do ??

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Marco

---------