[U-Boot-Users] Flash write problem on CSB226

Rolf Peukert rolf.peukert at imms.de
Wed Jan 28 11:40:00 CET 2004

Hi,

we have installed U-boot on a CSB226 board with a PXA255 CPU and a bank
of 2 Intel 28F128J3 flash chips (8M x 16bit each).
There appeared to be a problem with the flash write function. It would
stop after a few words, claiming "flash not erased". Closer inspection
revealed, only one of the flashes was in read mode, the other was still
in status mode.
So I suspected the write_buff function in boards/csb226/flash.c (which
wrote the two chips sequentially as two 16-bit words) and modified it to
access both chips in parallel as 32 bit (the flash_erase function
already works this way).
The flash write problem seems to be gone now. Did anyone else experience
such problems, or is just our board equipped with particularly unequal
or pernickety flash chips?
In the attached patch, the old functions are just #ifdef'd out and could
be easily reactivated.

There's one more thing I'm unsure about: Which is the right place to set
the CPU clock?
In boards/csb226/memsetup.S it is set to a default value. In
cpu/pxa/start.S it is set to the configured CFG_CPUSPEED value, but
memsetup is called after this.

Regards,
Rolf