[U-Boot-Users] Booting Linux on ixdp425 from Flash

prakash at comodogroup.com prakash at comodogroup.com
Fri Jul 2 08:46:43 CEST 2004

hi,

       i m using snapgear 3.1.1 + u-boot 1.1.1 on my ixdp425. I have 2
problems.

       1. Board is booting with 1405K compressed ramdisk without any
problem. suppose if i increase the size, i m getting Oops Error.  I
have 16mb of SDRAM. Any tips to fix it ?.

       2. Actually the board has come with redboot. while tried with
redboot, it created 5 Partitions on the Flash. Now i m using
U-boot. My plan is boot the  board with ramdisk and mounting jffs2
file system in partition. I dont know how to create a partition and
repsent as mtdblockX.i  dont know how should proceed furthur ?.
Any tips highly appreciatable.

Thanks
Prakash