[U-Boot-Users] srec download fail

Thomas Brand thomas.brand at imms.de
Mon Jun 7 13:42:02 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> In message <40C076E4.4040409 at imms.de> you wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to download the hello_world srec-sample to my Nios Stratix
>>Board with cu. I get the following printout:
>>

> Did you configure "cu" as documented in the DULG?

yes

>>   DK1S10 > loads
>>   ## Ready for S-Record download ...
>>   ~>hello_world.srec
>>   1 R R R R R R R R R [timed out looking for echo]
>>   [connected]
>>

> Is "loads_echo" set to 1 in your environment?

yes, I have set CONFIG_LOADS_ECHO in the configuration file. But the "loads_echo"

does not show up in the environment. So I set it with the setenv command and now

it's working fine. Maybe I have to check in the source code if the CONFIG_LOADS_ECHO
has any influence to the environment.

>>It does not work with kermit either. The loadb cmd with kermit works fine.
>>

> S-Record download with kermit is not supposed to work.
>

> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Thanks for your help.

Thomas