[U-Boot-Users] BSS initialization wrong on ARM??

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 15 21:27:08 CEST 2004

Dear Andrea,

in message <001c01c452af$214b8b90$1800a8c0 at llandrews> you wrote:

> > Actually _all_ ARM  systems  are  affected  -  except  s3c44b0  which
> > doesn't clear BSS at all?
> >

> > Andrea, am I missing something, or is the clear_bss code  missing  in
> > your port for the s3c44b0 processor?
> >

> You're right Wolfgang: the clear_bss code is missing in my port for the
> s3c44b0 port. This because I've used as reference another "ARM family" code
> I will soon fix this problem, probably when we will port the newer version
> of u-boot to our platform.

maybe we can use this as oppotrtunity to check if the s3c44b0  really
needs a separate CPU directory; IMHO it could be merged ...

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
After a heated argument on some trivial matter Nancy [Astor]  .  .  .
shouted,  ``If  I were your wife I would put poison in your coffee!''
Whereupon Winston Churchill with equal heat and  sincerity  answered,
``And if I were your husband I would drink it.''