[U-Boot-Users] Enabling watchdog for MPC850

Shlomo_Kut at mksinst.com Shlomo_Kut at mksinst.com
Wed Mar 3 10:27:02 CET 2004

Hi Mr Denk,

>Please define "crash". Does the board  simply  reset  (like  after  a
>watchdog timeout), or is there any error message, or what?

The board simply resets.

>You always have to configure both sides to match, i. e. if you enable
>the watchdog in U-Boot you must do so in  Linux,  and  if  you  don;t
>enable  it  in  U-Boot  you must not enable it in Linux (althought in
>that case you will not crash the system).

How do I enable it in Linux?

regards

Shlomo Kut

Software Engineer
MKS Instruments
Tenta Products
Tel: 972-8-9181015
Fax: 972-8-9181020
www.mksinst.com

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>
Sent by: wd at denx.de
03/03/2004 01:20 AM

        To:        Shlomo_Kut at mksinst.com
        cc:        u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net, Mark_Shlick at mksinst.com
        Subject:        Re: [U-Boot-Users] Enabling watchdog for MPC850

In message
<OF4F301F74.750FBEB3-ON42256E4C.0025CE19-08256E4C.00260CD9 at mksinternal.com>
you wrote:

> I am having a problem enabling the watchdog in u-boot. It causing the
> Linux load to crash.

Most probably Linux is not crashing but just reset by the watchdog.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"It is easier to port a shell than a shell script."      - Larry Wall