[U-Boot-Users] Enabling watchdog for MPC850

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 4 09:02:52 CET 2004

In message <OF6DFD6F44.4CF707FC-ON42256E4D.0027917E-08256E4D.002888F9 at mksinternal.com> you wrote:

> One thing I don't understand form the watchdog driver documentation.
> How can you set open only mode without opening /dev/watchdog?

You cannot, as WDT_MPC8XX_OPEN_ONLY is an ioctl().

> Could anybody direct me to an example of a simple watchdog application
> using the regular API?

	unsigned int timeout=300;	/* set watchdog timeout to 5 minutes */
	write (fd, &timeout, sizeof(timeout));

Ummm.... all this has nothing to do with U-Boot and is off  topic  on
this mailing list.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules.
Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.