[U-Boot-Users] Re:Booting Linux stops at Starting Kernel, perhaps an endian problem

Sonia Martinez Baro anexwarrior at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 4 17:24:15 CET 2004

Hello,
We make the following to create the Linux and file system image:

${ELINOS_BIN_PREFIX}-objcopy -O binary $kerneldir/vmlinux boot/vmlinux.bin
  gzip -9f boot/vmlinux.bin
  mkimage -n \'Multi-File Image\' -O linux -T multi -C gzip -A $ELINOS_CPU
-a $MKIMAGE_LOAD_ADDRESS -e $MKIMAGE_ENTRY_ADDRESS -d
boot/vmlinux.bin.gz:$image_file
	boot/${ELINOS_DOSNAME}.img

We've compared vmlinux.bin(First step) and the information in Load Address
(0xa0008000), once the u-boot has passed the control to kernel but
commenting the sentence "theKernel(0,arch_number)".

We've also tryed to create an uncompressed kernel image but the result is
the same. We don't know where the problem is!!

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance

Best regards,

Sonia