[U-Boot-Users] Re: A Shared flash.c

Stephen Williams gfi8d1h02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Mar 5 18:54:22 CET 2004

Stephen Williams wrote:

> The JSE board (PPC405GPr) I'm working on has an 8-bit flash
> that is attached to the local bus, and I find that the flash.c
> from board/walnut405 is almost identical. (I just needed to add
> a case for a different chip vendor.) Would it make sense to
> move more of its contents to common/flash.c? For example,
> the flash_printinfo function seems like a candidate.
>
> Would patches to that effect be accepted?

Well gee, it seems like flash_print_info in particular should
go into the cmd_flash.c file, *inside* the (CONFIG_COMMANDS & CFG_CMD_FLASH)
section. The flinfo command is the only place it is used. There
are a few other functions like that, but print_flash_info is the
most glaring example.

steve at XXXXXXXXXX           But I have promises to keep,
http://www.XXXXXXXXXX         and lines to code before I sleep,