[U-Boot-Users] Installation of ELDK 2.1.0 for MPC8xx,

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 8 09:29:50 CET 2004

In message <000801c404d0$92c9e4b0$5b01a8c0 at ramanayv> you wrote:

> I was installing ELDK-2.1.0 in my host ( kernel 2.4.20-8, Red Hat Linux
> Release 9.0).
> I was facing the following problem,while following the steps given in
> "The DENX U-Boot and Linux Guide (DULG) forTQM8xxL" document.
>
> Initially i run install utility,it worked fine.
> Then i tried to install the rpm of ELDT
> :binutils-ppc_8xx-2.11.93.0.2-3b_2,

Why did you do that if the normal installation  when  fine?  In  this
case this RPM is already installed on your system.

> it is showing like
> libc.so.6(GLIBC-2.0)
> libc.so.6(GLIBC-2.1)
> libc.so.6(GLIBC-2.1.3)
> libc.so.6(GLIBC-2.2.3)
> libc.so.2(GLIBC-2.0)
> libc.so.2(GLIBC-2.0)
> is needed by binutils-ppc_8xx-2.11.93.0.2-3b_2.

It seems your installtion is pretty corrupted. Please reinstall  from
scratch. And either read and follow the instructions at
http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/ELDKInstallationAborts
or install the current release (ELDK 3.0).

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The price one pays for pursuing any profession,  or  calling,  is  an
intimate knowledge of its ugly side.                  - James Baldwin