[U-Boot-Users] Memory Caching in Interrupt mode

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 10 09:12:51 CET 2004

In message <20040310020510.99183.qmail at web12009.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> As a general rule should the caches (data /
> instruction) be enabled or disabled?

There is no general rule. It depends on the architecture / processor.

> I noticed in the MIPS code that the caches were being
> enabled.

If you don't have any on-chip memory or SRAM or so which can be  used
for intiial data and stack, the "memopry-in-data-cache" trick must be
used, and then you obviously have to enable the DC.

IC should always be on.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are
lost.