[U-Boot-Users] Newbie needs help with RAMDISK

Luke Fimmerzane lukefimmerzane at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 18:41:39 CET 2004

Hi,
I'm new to u-boot and would like to mount my rootfile system on a RAM disk.
Its an arm 9 target.
I'm using a book from KARIM YAGHMOUR called Building Embedded Linux systems
as a reference guide to help with creating the RAM disk and understand the
features of u-boot. (There's a really good section on u-boot in this book).
I've managed to create the ramdisk, download it to my target but when I boot
I get this message (only relevant sections included):

Kernel command line: root=/dev/ram
RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 4096K size 1024 blocksize
cramfs: wrong magic
FAT: bogus logical sector size 65535

AAgh!!! Where could I have gone wrong!!
I know this is a voluntary site but if someone could give me some give me a
few hints then thanks.

Luke F