[U-Boot-Users] Gigabit Ethernet?

Carl Riechers criechers at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 19:14:20 CET 2004

Travis:

The Marvell 88E1111 PHYs work at 100M without changing
the miiphy_speed function.  Of course the extended
registers are different and a wack of register 0x14 is
needed for the correct RGMII settings for the 440GX.
I used the mii command for the wack and have not
changed u-boot.  I did not persue 1000M because my
TFTP server runs at 100M.

The Marvell PHYs must have the correct hard reset
waveform to function correctly.  You may want to check
the hardware reset waveform for the CIS8201 PHY and
then check the IEEE register status for proper
indications.

Carl

--- Travis Sawyer <tsawyer+u-boot at sandburst.com>