[U-Boot-Users] MPC8245 help needed.....

Jian-Bang Lai jian_bang at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 12 04:39:15 CET 2004

Dear all,

I am fighting with a custom MPC8245 board and u-boot. However, I can't get
any message from the on chip serail port.

I  notice the u-boot initialization serquence from the source code. It
contain a lot of initail sub-routine, get_clocks, init_timebase, env_init,
init_baudrate, serial_init, console_init_f, display_options, checkcpu,
etc..  My question is that does the on chip serial port show the
U-Boot_version message after U-boot finish the console initialization, if
my configuration is correct (even some initalization sub-routines behind
the console initialization is going wrong)?

I focus on my memory initializtion first, because I assume the serial port
will output some messages after the serial port initializtion finish.

Any advice?

Ban