[U-Boot-Users] Gigabit Ethernet?

John Clemens john at deater.net
Fri Mar 12 05:59:15 CET 2004

Please, please, PLEASE someone tell me there's at least an 'unofficial'
standard for this.. like a GMII standard or something similar (802.3ab??)?
I'm familiar with the Marvell and Cicada code.. and having to write specific
code for each phy, whose documentation may or may not be publically
available is.. well, scary...

Phy register 0x0A looks promising.. does anyone know of a gigabit phy that
doesn't support that register for 1000bT mode? specifically bits 10/11.
(see a Cicada datasheet here:
http://www.cicada-semi.com/products/lan/CIS8201/CIS8201_Data_Sheet_Rev_1_2_2.pdf)
I don't know about marvell (no docs).

Seems like we should be able to use those bits like the bits in register
0x5 for 10/100 modes... and my gut tells me that register is in a spec
somwhere..

john.c