[U-Boot-Users] Gigabit Ethernet?

John Clemens john at deater.net
Fri Mar 12 19:27:02 CET 2004

Hmm... well, i happen to know of another gigabit phy that i dare not speak
it's name, that happens to implement registers 0x9 and 0xA the same way
as the cicada phy does... so that's two for and one against :)  hardly a
large enough sample size.... It's highly annoyint the LXT ones don't. :(

looking at tigon3.h, it looks like the BCM54xx series at least supports
register 0x9... since 0x9 and 0xa seem to be tightly coupled, i can only
guess that it also supports register 0xa.

Can someone with a bcm54xx verify?

The tsec.h file in cpu/mpc85xx/ which contains the Marvell 88E1011 support
also indicates that is supports register 0x9, so using the same
(quite possibly flawed) logic as above the marvell one may support the 0x9
and 0xa pair as well.

I'm just trying to figure out if the LXT is an exception, not the norm...

john.c

--
John Clemens          http://www.deater.net/john
john at deater.net     ICQ: 7175925, IM: PianoManO8