[U-Boot-Users] IDE Boot

sudhakar rajashekhara rsudhakar_blr at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 17:13:12 CET 2004

Hi All,

We have ported U-Boot and Linux-2.4.22 on to a custom
MPC8280 board. Now we are trying to boot linux from
IDE. We were able to configure the IDE from U-Boot and
copy the Linux image to one of the IDE partition. If
we boot from the image copied from the hard disk, we
observed that the kernel command line is empty and
board doesn't boot properly. Earlier we were booting
the board through NFS using a ramdisk image. Now If we
have to boot from the hard disk, how to copy the file
system onto the hard disk? Linux kernel recognizes the
hard disk as a scsi device (/dev/sda).

regards,
Sudhakar.