[U-Boot-Users] MIPS (purple) compilation problems.

Ronen Shitrit rshitrit at il.marvell.com
Wed Mar 17 14:32:29 CET 2004

Hi

Thanks for your help.

The code I disassemble below is the u-boot image.
Believe me I tried all the flags that you can think about - but non of
it gave me a "clean" u-boot image.

As I understand the code must be PIC, other wise when we will relocate
to the DRAM in the next function
call we will jump back to the Flash, cause  the compiler might use
absolute jump and not a relative branch/jump.
any way I found how to overcome the below problem and now the compiler
generate the same code as you have,
I use gcc -membedded-pic and  ld --relocatable , but this option doesn't
work well with my elf compiler(as it is mentioned
in the man), and it cause some other problems.
Can you please send me a short description how did you built your cross
compiler.

Thanks Ronen

--
Ronen Shitrit

M.S.I.L
D.N. Misgav  20184
Tel:   +972-4-9951000
Fax:   +972-4-9951001
Email: mailto: ronen.shitrit at il.marvell.com
This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
telephone, or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.