[U-Boot-Users] Serial download, hangs in kermit receive

Vidya S vidya_s at lgsoftindia.com
Wed Mar 24 05:49:42 CET 2004

Hi,

   No, i am porting u-boot to BF533 processor. The one in blackfin.org is
for BF535. I am able to send and receive characters clearly. Thus i feel the
serial driver is ok.

  I tried to send the file using c-kermit. It says too many retries and
fails. I am attaching the statements below. What may be the problem?

  LGSI$ loadb 1000 57600

CMD: loadb 1000 57600
 444
## Ready for binary (kermit) download to 0x00001000 at 57600 bps...
After set_kerm_bin_mode
os_data_addr = 0x1000
Before ;; for loop calling

(Back at localhost.localdomain)
C-Kermit 8.0.206, 24 Oct 2002, for Red Hat Linux 8.0
 Copyright (C) 1985, 2002,
  Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York.
Type ? or HELP for help.
(/root/) C-Kermit>send /home/raj/linux.bin

*************************
SEND-class command failed.
 Packets sent: 2
 Retransmissions: 11
 Timeouts: 0
 Damaged packets: 0
 Fatal Kermit Protocol Error: Too many retries

HINTS... If the preceding error message does not explain the failure:
 . Try changing the remote Kermit's FLOW-CONTROL setting.
 . Increase the retry limit (see HELP SET RETRY).
 . Try it again with SET STREAMING OFF.
 . Try it again with SET PARITY SPACE.
 . As a last resort, give a ROBUST command and try again.
Also:
 . Be sure the source file has read permission.
 . Be sure the target directory has write permission.
(Use SET HINTS OFF to suppress hints.)
*************************

(/root/) C-Kermit>HELP SET RETRY

Syntax: SET RETRY number
  In Kermit protocol file transfers: How many times to retransmit a
  particular packet before giving up; 0 = no limit.

(/root/) C-Kermit>SET STREAMING OFF
(/root/) C-Kermit>SET PARITY SPACE
(/root/) C-Kermit>ROBUST
(/root/) C-Kermit>send /home/raj/linux.bin

*************************
SEND-class command failed.
 Packets sent: 2
 Retransmissions: 11
 Timeouts: 0
 Damaged packets: 0
 Fatal Kermit Protocol Error: Too many retries

HINTS... If the preceding error message does not explain the failure:
 . Try changing the remote Kermit's FLOW-CONTROL setting.
 . Increase the retry limit (see HELP SET RETRY).
 . Try it again with SET STREAMING OFF.
 . As a last resort, give a ROBUST command and try again.
Also:
 . Be sure the source file has read permission.
 . Be sure the target directory has write permission.
(Use SET HINTS OFF to suppress hints.)

(/root/) C-Kermit>

Pls help me.

regards