[U-Boot-Users] printf question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Mar 24 18:55:20 CET 2004

In message <DCEAAC0833DD314AB0B58112AD99B93B06DA9D at ismail.innsys.innovsys.com> you wrote:
> This usually works even on cranky compilers:
>
> unsigned char x = 0xC2;
> printf("this is the problem %02X\n", (unsigned int)x);

But we agree that the conversion "unsigned char" ==>  "unsigned  int"
must result in exactly the same result, no matter if done implicitely
or by explicit cast?

If this doesn't work it means that the  toolchain  is  broken  and/or
misconfigured. Maybe there is no valid prototype for printf() active,
etc.,  but this should be visible when compiling with warnings turned
on.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
God runs electromagnetics by wave theory on  Monday,  Wednesday,  and
Friday,  and the Devil runs them by quantum theory on Tuesday, Thurs-
day, and Saturday.                                   -- William Bragg