[U-Boot-Users] U-boot for Mips 4KEC

calvin mailofpooja at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 13:40:00 CET 2004

Hi,

In the process of porting U-boot for Malta which uses mips 4Kec I
discovered that the stack required for intial C environment can neither
be obtained by some on-chip memory (IMMR in MPC8xx ) nor by using DCACHE
in locked mode. Mips 4KC has the DCache locked mode support but Mips
4KEC has it only through external pin interface.

I am looking for a way of not using the C code till code has started
running from RAM. But how do I get the value of gd(global data pointer)
which U-boot expects? README file does not mention anything about mips
registers which are specifially used for this purpose.

Thanks and Regards,
Pooja