[U-Boot-Users] POST regarding MPC8266

Vikrant_Basotra Vikrant_Basotra at Satyam.com
Wed Nov 3 15:32:02 CET 2004

Hi,
 I am analyzing the Power on Self Test (POST) Process for the CPU only in
the U-Boot Code; there is a folder (u-boot-1.1.1\post) which contains the
file cpu.c which is having the function "int cpu_post_test (int flags)".
Till now I have analyzed that this function gets called for the POST of the
CPU, but from there I didn't find any link to processor specific Test
....Since each processor would have different instruction set then how the
generic CPU POST would do the job for all kind of processors. In the entire
Source Code I didn't find processor -mpc8266 related POST code.

I just want to make it sure that whether the cpu.c file defined in folder
"u-boot-1.1.1\post" will also do the POST for the mpc8266. Please make it
very clear, Do I need to make any changes anywhere so that the POST code
written in the u-boot version 1.1.1 will work for mpc8266.
Waiting for your help.

Best Regards,
Vikrant Basotra

is appreciated.