[U-Boot-Users] kernel 2.6 compile problem for TQM860L

Yigit Can yigit.can at karel.com.tr
Tue Nov 9 19:03:23 CET 2004

Hello,

I've stuck with the new kernel that I've downloaded from www.kernel.org .
I'm using the TQM860L board with eldk3 working on it.
I've downloaded the 2.6.9-rc3 kernel and tried to build with

make TQM860L_defconfig
make uImage

commands. I also set the Makefile for "CROSS_COMPILE = ppc_8xx-" and
"PLATFORM=ppc" switches

But the result is so many errors in uart related ( arch/ppc/8xx_io/uart.c )
file.
like
233 'info' undeclared ( first use in this function )
234 'name' undeclared ( first use in this function )

vs.

My question is why this kernel is not built with the default settings.
What am I doing wrong ?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Yigit Can