[U-Boot-Users] Persistent Flash File System.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 9 21:10:45 CET 2004

In message <000401c4c62c$59bdad00$4501a8c0 at bgcw301> you wrote:

>     There is another query (Hope this is not Off Topic]. I am required
> to start a Persistent(Very important) File system at the booloader stage
> and that flash file system must be present even after an OS boots up (In
> our case it is Linux).
>
> 1) Whether the above condition possible ?

Of course it is. This is software, so EVERYTHING  is  possible.  It's
just a matter of effort, and efficiency.

> 2) What are all the design considerations I must keep in mind while
> designing such File Systems?

The main issue is: don't try to reinvent the wheel.

If you don't need write support, then just use the existing JFFS2 code.

If you doneed write support, then just use the  existing  JFFS2  code
and  add  write  support  to it based on the existing Linux MTD/JFFS2
drivers.

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I've already got a female to worry about. Her name is the Enterprise.
	-- Kirk, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.0