[U-Boot-Users] Help Debugging U-Boot _start in Start.S

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 21:19:04 CET 2004

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 21:03:49 +0100, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> If you have a BDI available I see zero use for such  a  modification.
> Your wasting your time.

Well, we will be using U-Boot as a secondary bootloader on another
platform.  The primary bootloader will copy data from flash to SDRAM
and setup all of the TLBs and such.

I was hoping to get my booting from SDRAM changes debugged and working
with the Ebony (as we have one) prior to getting our own hardware.
Our actual hardware is based on the 440EP instead of the 440GP and we
will not have any NOR flash available, only Nand.

We plan to program the boards by using the Abatron to download a copy
of U-Boot to SDRAM, and program the Primary bootloader and U-Boot to
Nand using the copy of U-Boot that was loaded to SDRAM by the Abatron.
 I don't believe the Abatron itself can program Nand flash right, only
NOR.

Regards,
--
Bradley Remedios