[U-Boot-Users] Re: Porting u-boot-1.1.1 to PPC8248/8247 PPCs

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Thu Nov 11 09:48:06 CET 2004

    Fadi> I?m trying to port the latest u-boot on sourceforge over to
    Fadi> PPC8248 from the latest PPC8272 platform (based on MPC8272ADS
    Fadi> reference board from Moto). Do you know If anyone started this
    Fadi> project on the side yet? If not, do you have any pointers of
    Fadi> where To start and/or a task list of what to watch out for? I
    Fadi> have no problems disclosing the Code once I finish my port.

What exactly do you need to port from 8272 to 8248? It's exactly the
same chip. The only difference is that 8272 supports ATM (which you
obviously don't need) and 8248 does not. Anyway, if you need an example,
you can look at the patch which I sent couple of days ago to add support
for Rattler board. It works on 8248. And please use the latest U-Boot
from CVS, not 1.1.1.

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel