[U-Boot-Users] question on drive

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 24 11:30:14 CET 2004

In message <1f729c4804112401141cd5deb7 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
> I don't think this has to do with u-boot :) I think you should send
> this to the correct mailing list.

thanks for pointing out.

> > IP-Config: Retrying forever (NFS root)...
> > eth1: config: auto-negotiation on, 100FDX, 100HDX, 10FDX, 10HDX.
> > eth1: Waiting for the link to be up...
> > eth1: status: link up, 100 Mbps Full Duplex, auto-negotiation complete.
> > e100: eth0 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full duplex
>
> Maybe your board configuration of the kernel is not quite correct
> and/or some interrupt lines are wongly addressed.

No, you are wrong here. It seems the kernel is working perfectly fine.

> > Sending DHCP requests ...... timed out!
> >     Please tell me how can I handle it! Thanks in advance!
>
> $ find . -name '*.c' | xargs grep Sending\ DHCP
> And start debugging/instrumenting from there.

Always try simple things first! Is there a  DHCP  server  running  to
answer  the  DHCP  requests  from  the  target? Did you run a network
sniffer and actually see the DHCP reply packets on the wire?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No one wants war.
	-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7