[U-Boot-Users] U-boot on OMAP 1510 Innovator board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 29 10:19:40 CET 2004

In message <20041129085637.56430.qmail at web41012.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> As you said re-assigning TEXT_BASE won't work. But
> why?

Because you asigned an address in flash memory (= read-only) where  a
RAM address (= writable) was expoected.

> Truly speaking I don't know exactly how the U-boot
> booting process happens, I mean i don't know how it is

Then don;t meddle with things you don't understand.

> loaded in differrent stages and where.... Can you plz
> suggest some tutorial for the same....I couldn't find
> one.

I suggest you start with the RAEDME. It explains the boot procedure.

> I had changed TEXT_BASE since I assumed that after
> power-on the system reads from location 0x00000000. So
> I had changed the TEXT_BASE address so that the system
> would read from location 0x00000000 where I have
> placed my u-boot.

This is not how U-Boot works.

We use the ELDK (of course). See http://www.denx.de/ELDL.html

> It would be really helpful for me if you list out the
> steps for building u-boot and the memory switch

All this is doumented in great detail in the README  and  the  manual
(DULG - see http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/Manual)

> settings. Also it would be great if you can specify
> how to convert a .srec or .bin file to .m0 file.

Maybe you explain what a ".m0" file is?

> Also, what's the difference between booting through
> rrload and booting through U-boot.

Maybe you explain what "rrload" is?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching  should,  therefore,
be regarded as a criminal offence.
          -- Edsger W. Dijkstra, SIGPLAN Notices, Volume 17, Number 5