[U-Boot-Users] RPXlite_DW problem/solution U-boot CVS

ccool ccool at ninjatech.biz
Tue Nov 30 04:19:25 CET 2004

Hello,

I found out a little something in the CVS version of U-boot about the
RPXlite_DW addapted by Sam Song.

In the file
include/configs/RPXlite_DW.h
at line 324
I had to replace
#define CFG_OR1_PRELIM	( CFG_OR_AM_SDRAM | CFG_OR_TIMING_SDRAM )
for
#define CFG_OR1_PRELIM          0xFF000E00

and at line 353-354
I had to replace
#define CFG_MAMR_9COL  ((CFG_MAMR_PTA << MAMR_PTA_SHIFT)  | MAMR_PTAE | \
			MAMR_AMA_TYPE_1 | MAMR_DSA_1_CYCL | MAMR_G0CLA_A10)
by
 #define CFG_MAMR_9COL 0x20802000

If I did not change those two register, U-boot would get stuck at the DRAM
detection and would only find 1K (instead of the 16M on my board).

I`m sending this as a simple information.  I know my method is not the best
way to define thoses register, but I though that maybe the other ways to
improve the definition you have put in a way that all RPXlite_DW board would
set the Ram correctly.

Have a nice day,
Raphaël