[U-Boot-Users] How to disable serial console completely?

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Oct 9 03:03:45 CEST 2004

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> 的正文:
> Carl Riechers wrote:
> > Does setting bootdelay to zero meet your
> > requirements?
>
> This does not diable the  serial  console.  You
> still  get  all  the
> output,  and  if  any  of the commands in your
> "bootcmd" definitionis
> interactive, it will accept input, too.

Thanks for your concern on this point. Actually
speaking, I am a little puzzled toward the fact
whether to disable serial console or not. Anyway,
debugging on spot is a necessary sometimes. I don't
want to solve a simple problem with BDI2000 every
time.

One good thing is that I can implement above idea on
RPXlite DW board in a standalone way. But the bad one
is that my custom board must connect a serial line to
HOST PC in standalone way or LCD console will directly
stop at u-boot command status without any downcounter
as if the serial console accepts input. Hardware
difference is there is no CPLD on my custom board.
Does this make the difference?  My hack method is to
fix common/main.c to disable any serial input for my
board. It worked but I couldn't switch to serial
console anymore. So sadly...

Maybe this is also one reason why I'd like to disable
serial console completely on my custom board so that I
could avoid breaking main.c.

=====
Best regards,

Sam