[U-Boot-Users] BDI2000 flashing problem

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Oct 19 14:32:42 CEST 2004

You need a valid hardware reset configuration word (HRCW) for the
processor to come up enough to flash (the CPU PLL clock settings are
controlled by the HRCW).  The HRCW lives in the first 32 bytes of flash
and gets read when power is applied: if you erase all of flash, you will
erase your HRCW.  This is OK as long as you reprogram it before you
cycle power.  Ooops, too late ;-)

You should have a "RSTCONF*" (reset configuration) jumper/switch
connected to the RSTCONF on the processor.  When asserted (low), this
causes the processor to use a default HRCW which will allow you to
reprogram the desired HRCW in flash.

Since you have a Mot board, it may have a BCSR-supplied HRCW, check your
documentation.

The bottom line is, you need a reasonable HRCW (in particular a
reasonable clock setting in the HRCW) in order for the processor to be
operational enough for JTAG to work.

gvb

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.