[U-Boot-Users] Query: Flash remapping

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Oct 19 23:34:37 CEST 2004

In message <005101c4b5f1$0d3a8020$8a24758f at ee.qub.ac.uk> you wrote:

> While reading through the source code for the TQM860L board,=20
> I have found some comment cards (and related functional details)
> that are puzzling me. I can't find anything about this in the archive,
> so I am raising it here as a question.

Actually  this  is  described  in   the   README,   section   "System
Initialization". Please do what the name suggests - read the README.

> Also, what puzzles me is the comment:
>
>           restrict access enough to keep SRAM working (if any)
>           but not too much to meddle with FLASH accesses
>
> Why do we have to restrict access to keep SRAM working ?

Forget this here. There are no TQM8xxL modules with SRAM (the comment
relates to an older module named TQM860 [the 'L' meaning  'low  cost'
originally], but I bet you'll never see a TQM860 in use any more.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The amount of time between slipping on the peel and  landing  on  the
pavement is precisely 1 bananosecond.