R: [U-Boot-Users] Switching of LCD controller before reboot?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 22 20:43:06 CEST 2004

In message <NDBBJGGCBKABIDHFAMBIIEJFCEAA.pbroggini at softool.ch> you wrote:

> I understand, that's why in my own (because it's still under development)
> port of U-boot for the i.MX
> I created a "new" cpu named imx !

That's even worse, as you will duplicate all the comon code.

> ... I know, I know, it's absolutely arguable but that's the way I do it by
> now to avoid the problems
> you are facing.
> When I'll find some time (it's not the case for the near future) I would be
> pleased to help in creating
> a better SoC structure.

The structure is already in place. Please make sure to _use_  it  for
new code instead of going two steps back.

[Any patch to add a new imx CPU directory will be rejected  for  this
reason.]

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Commitment, n.:      Commitment can be illustrated by a breakfast
of ham and eggs. The chicken was involved, the pig was committed.