[U-Boot-Users] Srec problem and TQM860

Charles J Gillan C.Gillan at ecit.qub.ac.uk
Tue Oct 26 17:56:28 CEST 2004

Thanks, Wolfgang for the response.

   I wonder if the problem is my hardware?

   My hardware is an STK8xxL.400 Universal Application Baseboard
with a TQ minimodule MPC860P/8Mb Flash/16 MB SDRAM. I have connected
the serial port on my PC to the "middle" serial port connector on
the baseboard. Is this hardware known to cause problems ?

   The PC is a Dell Optiplex with SuSe 8.2; it has a serial port on
back of the case.

   I have also tried to use the "loadb" command (with Kermit on the PC)
over the serial port without success. Two packets are sent with 12
retries before
Kermit gives up.

    I have also tried TFTPBOOT with the following unusual results:

=> tftpboot 40040000 /tftpboot/uImage

Using SCC ETHERNET device
TFTP from server 192.168.5.1; our IP address is 192.168.5.6
Filename '/tftpboot/uImage'.
Load address: 0x40040000
TX not ready
TX timeout
T TX not ready
TX timeout
T TX not ready
TX timeout
TX not ready
TX timeout
T TX not ready
TX timeout
TX not ready
TX timeout
T TX not ready
TX timeout
TX not ready
TX timeout
T TX not ready
TX timeout
T TX not ready
TX timeout
TX not ready
TX timeout
T TX not ready
TX timeout
T TX not ready
TX timeout
T TX not ready
TX timeout
TX not ready
TX timeout
T TX not ready
TX timeout
TX not ready
TX timeout

Retry count exceeded; starting again
Unable to discover phy!

I note that the "orange link light" is always lit on the baseboard, but
that
the "green data light" seldom flickers at all.

Does any of this point to a specific kind of problem with my hardware ?

Thanks, again.

Charles.