[U-Boot-Users] Hello

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Oct 28 23:02:29 CEST 2004

In message <20041028205052.29008.qmail at web12006.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I actually want to add a new command to uboot.I
> understand the documentation but the docs do not talk
> about ways to add a new command. I want do something
> like:

I disagree.  The  doc/README.commands  I  mentioned  in  my  previous
message  explicitely  explains how to do that. Did you have a look at
it?

> newcommand[address of an application] [ arguments to
> application]

What is the difference nbetween your "newcommand"  and  the  existing
"go" command?

> Therefore i would like to know which files to start
> with and which files to modify.

You need to select a file where you add your code, or add a new file.
In the latter case you have to add your file to one of the Makefiles,
too.

See us @ Embedded/Electronica Munich, Nov 09 - 12, Hall A.6 Booth 513
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A girl with a future avoids the man with a past.
                                   -- Evan Esar, "The Humor of Humor"