[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot and Nand Flash

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 01:18:31 CEST 2004

David,

Thank you for your response.

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:29:59 -0700 (PDT), David Farrell
<davidjf2001 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Look at the SMDK2410 board.  I have if working on
> a similiar board using the Samsung S3C2410
> cpu.  I only made a few minor changes to the cvs

The board that I am using actually boots from the Nand flash itself,
but only makes the first block available to be read like RAM, all
other blocks have to be read using the Read Command which only allows
you to read at most 32-bits at a time.

The first block is 16K which is larger than the U-Boot binary.

So in order to copy the rest of the Bootloader from Nand flash to RAM
or the kernel from Nand flash to RAM wouldn't I have to write special
"read" functions for Nand Flash?  There are no flash_read commands in
include/flash.h.

I see the changes you made to get writing to Nand Flash working, but
fail to see how it handles reading from the Nand flash.  Wouldn't that
also be in board/smdk4210/flash.c?

Please let me know what I am missing.

Regards,
--