[U-Boot-Users] MPC8272ADS and uboot program check

Bastos Fernandez Alexandre ALEBAS at televes.com
Thu Sep 16 08:59:33 CEST 2004

Hi,

>First of all, I would acknowleging that Wolfgang is probably right and you
probably have a hardware problem.

It could be. I had some problem with the Flash in the past, but there, the
board didn't start at all and kept rebooting in a few miliseconds with a
HRESET.

> In case that is not true, my follow-up questions and observations are...

>#1 question in debugging: what changed between when it last worked and now?

Nothing changed. The uboot version is exactly the same it was before.

>Looking at the above, what is the software trying to do when all the
garbage is being spewed out (just before it prints "8MB"?  What it is doing
is likely related to the problem.

I don't really now what it was doing at this point. So this is the point
where I would need your help. I have tried to guess it. Has it any relation
with the CRC warning, or some other problem with SDRAM?

>Did the board previously print the correct clock rate, or has it always
been wrong?  Why is it wrong?

No. Previously it showed the correct clock rate (400 Mhz). I can't imagine
why this is not right. Could be some problem with the integer unit ??? SDRAM
???

>#1 rule in debugging: always fix the known bugs before hunting for the
unknown, known (but discounted and ignored) bugs tend to cause additional
"unknown bugs" in strange and mysterious ways.

OK. I will try to follow this method.

>gvb

Thanks

Alex