[U-Boot-Users] How board_init_f funcion in board.c is being called?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Sep 23 17:02:58 CEST 2004

In message <3D9FDCA910DD4445896A0BE5ECF009D4E8EA86 at bla.satyam.com> you wrote:

> Could you please tell me where the function "board_init_f" is being called?
> There is no mention of "board_init_f" anywhere else in U-boot except in
> bootseq.txt.

You must be joking:

	-> find . -type f | xargs egrep -l board_init_f
	./board/evb64260/bootseq.txt
	./board/gen860t/gen860t.c
	./board/lwmon/lwmon.c
	./board/mbx8xx/mbx8xx.c
	./board/mpl/mip405/mip405.c
	./board/sacsng/sacsng.c
	./board/LEOX/elpt860/elpt860.c
	./board/Marvell/common/bootseq.txt
	./board/xpedite1k/xpedite1k.c
	./board/ocotea/ocotea.c
	./board/ssv/adnpesc1/adnpesc1.c
	./board/kup/common/kup.c
	./board/netta/netta.c
	./board/jse/jse.c
	./board/jse/sdram.c
	./CHANGELOG
	./cpu/74xx_7xx/start.S
	./cpu/mpc824x/start.S
	./cpu/mpc8260/start.S
	./cpu/mpc8xx/start.S
	./cpu/ppc4xx/start.S
	./cpu/mips/start.S
	./cpu/mpc5xx/start.S
	./cpu/mpc5xx/cpu_init.c
	./cpu/mpc5xxx/start.S
	./cpu/mpc85xx/start.S
	./cpu/mcf52x2/start.S
	./doc/README.POST
	./include/common.h
	./lib_ppc/board.c
	./lib_mips/board.c
	./lib_m68k/board.c

> How is this text file related to "board_init_f".

This is just a board specific documentation file  which  is  more  or
less irrelevant for all other boards.

What  you  really  want  to  look  at  is   the   lib_*/board.c   and
cpu/*/start.S files. That's where board_init_f() is implemented resp.
called.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
So we follow our wandering paths, and the very darkness acts  as  our
guide and our doubts serve to reassure us. - Jean-Pierre de Caussade,
eighteenth-century Jesuit priest